Dr.Zeina Chamoun Dr.Zeina Chamoun
More information about the doctor
Education & Medical Qualifications
- Zeina studied psychomotor therapy at Saint Joseph University. She got her Bachelor’s degree in 2012 and proceeded to work in institutions and in her private clinic while she was studying for her master’s degree. In 2015 she got her professional master’s degree in psychomotor therapy from Saint Joseph University.
- For her, being a psychomotor therapist isn’t just a job; it’s a commitment to help people adapt to the environment through psycho-perceptual-motor learning by using movement, music and creative media in a playful way to make the individual explore his/her own abilities, attain the therapeutic goals, and become more confident.
- Zeina considers mastering both scientific and clinical practice very important to be able to see the whole picture. So, she prepared two theses: one on visuo-motor praxis in orphan children and another on enhancing imitating capacities in children with autism spectrum disorder.
- Her flexibility and strong analytical skills helped her in her previous jobs to conduct one-on-one interaction with children diagnosed with autism, motor disorders, mental disorders, learning and psycho-affective disorders and Down syndrome. She has assessed and provided therapy for children with special needs in a caring and safe environment.
- Zeina has excellent communication and cognitive skills that include listening and speaking. This helped her to easily communicate with patients and families in order to understand their needs, explain the treatment and thus following up with the parents, as well as giving guidance workshops. Also, her interpersonal communication skills helped her coordinate with different therapists to elaborate common therapeutic projects for each patient, in collaboration with teachers and therapists at school. This keeps track of the patient’s progress based on their feedback in order to propose adaptations and techniques and therefore accelerate the evolution process.
- Psychomotor Therapist
- M.A. Psychomotor Therapy; Saint Joseph University
- B.A. Psychomotor Therapy; Saint Joseph University
LICENSES / PERMITS
- Ministry of Education and Higher Education
Verified Patient Reviews (0)
There are no reviews for this doctor.
Also available on iPhone
- 1 Search By Specialty, Area,Insurance & Fees
- 2 Compare & Choose By Other Patients Ratings
- 3 Book Your Appointment